What is a Cookie
A cookie is a small file which contains information stored on your computer by a website you visit. It acts as your identification card, and often stores your settings for the website, which can be used for authentication, identification of a user session, shopping basket content or your user preferences such as text size, language or region. When you return to the website, your browser sends back the cookie that belongs to that site. This then allows the website to present you with information customised to fit your needs for a better user experience.
We use the following cookies:
- Forms related cookies. When you submit data to us through a form, such as that found on our Contact page, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Social Media cookies: We use social media widgets and/or plugins on this website that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, the following social media sites including; Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site, or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Direct Marketing Communications
We may use your personal data to send you updates about our services, including upcoming events, webinars or new products and services.
We will always treat your personal data with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organisations outside of Veolia Mobile Water Services for direct marketing purposes. We may ask you to confirm or update your direct marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products or services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
A web cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org